Friday, January 8, 2010

My Best Friend

Wednesday December 23, 2009 will be a day I never forget. At Grady Crawford Construction one of the ex employees came in with a gun and shot my bestfriend/mother-in-law; CHERYL BOYKIN and killed her. This was the worse day of my life. She and I had become so close and she was my best friend. We talked all the time and shared so many things. She was the most wonderful person. Now, I don't know what to do, I don't know how to act, I dont know how to deal with this loss. We didn't get to spend Christmas with her. She was going to come over and spend the night with us and she wanted to cook breakfast for everyone. We didn't get the chance to even see her that day. I talked to her that morning about coming over here to stay and I told her I would get the coffee cuz I know she likes coffee. She meant so much to me. She was the person I went to and talked to about everything. We used to go to Rick & Robin's for ladies night every Saturday night. We used to spend a lot of evenings here at my house making malibu and pineapple. We used to add lots of extra rum to it. I remember those times like they were yesterday. For her wake, me, mawmaw (Cheryl's mom), and Aunt Mardie (Cheryl's sister), had to pick out her clothes. I just cried, and said, "We are not supposed to be doing this right now." Cheryl was a very quiet person but that crazy side started to come out in her within the past few months. I was enjoying everytime we went and did anything. Korah and Mimi used to share lip gloss everytime they saw each other. Korah doesn't even understand what's going on. It has taken a toll on everyone. We don't really know how to help each other because we don't know how to really help ourselves. I pray that things will get better. I just feel like I have lost a part of me. I feel like this man that did this, doesn't even realize what a precious thing he took from our family. She had friends she saw everyday at work, that will never get to see her smiling face again. This just upsets me to even think about it. i talked to Chad on the phone a few days ago and I told him, "I think I'm gonna' call your mom to come over." Right when I said that, I realized that I can NOT call her ever again. And, ever since, it's been so rough.
I MISS MY BEST FRIEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment